Bowie Exhibit At The Alamo

Looking At What Has Been & What Is To Come.

Moderator: NefariousNed

Re: Bowie Exhibit At The Alamo

Postby JoeFDNY146 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:48 pm

statistically more people are killed with a hammer in the US than a machete...... to paraphrase Shane, a gun is a tool, only as bad as the man wearing it....Joe
"LEST WE FORGET"
JoeFDNY146

Postby SantaClaus on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:03 am

Seguin wrote:
According to CNN, starting this fall, adults in Texas can openly carry knives with blades longer than 5.5 inches. In fact, swords, spears, daggers, sabers, bowie knives and machetes are all perfectly fine to tote around. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed the bill into law on July 13, but it doesn't go into effect until September 1.

Meanwhile two days ago, according to the San Antonio Express News (Saturday, August 5, 2017) , two women were savagely attacked in San Antonio by a man wielding a machete.

Apparently, the two women getting savagely attacked by a man with a machete did´nt make Abbot think twice about signing the bill. I foresee more such attacks happening because there´s lots of nut jobs out there who thinks it´s cool to carry a machete, a Bowie knife or a sword and we all know what´s going to happen when such people feel provoked.
Even a "decent" person carrying a gun, or knife can be provoked into using their weapon in the heat of the moment. Or when they are drunk.

Abbott signed the bill on July 13. The machete attack took place in August. So, of course he didn't think twice about something that hadn't happened.
The bill does not make it lawful to attack people with a knife, a machete, or anything else.
The law goes does not go into effect until September 1, yet this guy had a machete and attacked 2 women. This guy was a criminal. Criminals don't care what the laws are.
The machete attacker is a guy who has a history of substance abuse and he has attacked people at least two times before this latest attack on the 2 women. He's not "decent". He's a bad guy who attacked 2 defenseless women.
Who are these "decent" people who are out getting drunk and/or provoked and shooting and stabbing people?
SantaClaus

Postby Seguin on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:27 am

The bill does not make it lawful to attack people with a knife, a machete, or anything else.

It does´nt? I thought it did! Stupid me. :roll:
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby cc nolen on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Seguin wrote:

It does´nt? I thought it did! Stupid me. :roll:

I am going to print this statement by Hans and frame it! :lol: ...Sorry Hans, it just was funny to me.
I have to admit it will look funny with folks wearing machetes, Bowies, and Swords!!! Of course, it didnt bother these two... :shock:
Attachments
knife fight.JPG
knife fight.JPG (114.04 KiB) Viewed 930 times
cc nolen

Postby NefariousNed on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:39 pm

I don't want to get political here, but open carry gun, or knife is a bad idea. What does one need to prove by flashing a weapon, anyway?
Aside from a living history event, or parade, that weapon belongs home, or at least concealed with a permit. What was the governor of Texas
thinking when he okayed this bill? Is Texas devolving back to the "Wild West"? People like Kristi and Chris having fun on the plaza are not
the problem. (Remember how cautious we all were to only have the knives out for as long as it took to take a photo for "Bowie's on the perch"?)
The people that will be waving their guns, knives and swords like they actually need them to protect themselves against the government are.
There are already enough gun-toting maniacs in Texas and we don't need sword and knife waving ones also .
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby cc nolen on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Equal Time Ned; ;)
Number One is...If a NUT is going to kill with a knife, fork, gun, or bomb, they are not concerned with any laws.
Number Two is....When one of these idiots does go crazy, maybe just maybe there will be a concerned Citizen with a weapon there to take that idiot out.
Number Three is....Texas is mighty big and most of it is still wilderness. If a hunter with a camp knife stops and walked in a store under the old Law, he or she would be arrested.
Number Four is...It is our right as Americans. In order to have and protect these rights we must put down those (Idiots) that abuse them.
Just my views Ned.
Chris...
(Plus, I dont think this law will make a difference one way or another) We'll always have Idiots. :( Except I wont get stopped again in a store with my camp knife on my belt) :roll:
cc nolen

Postby James H. Hood on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:56 pm

NefariousNed wrote:What was the governor of Texas thinking when he okayed this bill?

Perhaps he was thinking that nothing in Amendment II imposes a requirement for concealment?

Folks, here's a fact...Texas has come to open-carry status long after quite a few other states already were doing so, at number 45, and some (Kentucky comes to mind) already allowed carrying swords. Those of you who travel and / or pay attention to news from other states should ask yourselves: just how often have you SEEN somebody indulging in this practice? The fact is that it is extraordinarily uncommon...most people simply just don't want to carry weapons openly.

It's a non-issue.
James H. Hood

Postby Seguin on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:12 am

just how often have you SEEN somebody indulging in this practice? The fact is that it is extraordinarily uncommon...most people simply just don't want to carry weapons openly.

Then why make it legal? We´re not in the wild west anymore.

It's a non-issue.

Not for those getting harassed by open carry gun nuts. Here´s but two examples:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... e-veteran/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsAreCool/co ... _a_mosque/
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby cc nolen on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Its my right as an American. (To Keep and Bear Arms) I need no excuse. This is not Europe. Folks left there many years ago to get away from Laws. :evil:
Those that break the law need to be struck down or at least jailed.
Chris...
cc nolen

Postby James H. Hood on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Then why make it legal? We´re not in the wild west anymore.

Because there is no sense in penalizing an activity which has proven to be a non-issue. We should spend money locking up people who commit violent acts instead of wasting it to incarcerate people merely for being capable of them.

Not for those getting harassed by open carry gun nuts. Here´s but two examples

Both of them showing an activity in which the actor just as easily could have done so with or without weapons...not to mention that in many states, criminal penalties are enhanced when the actor has, displays, or threatens to use a deadly weapon.
James H. Hood

Postby Seguin on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:33 am

cc nolen wrote:Its my right as an American. (To Keep and Bear Arms) I need no excuse. This is not Europe. Folks left there many years ago to get away from Laws. :evil:
Chris...

I have nothing against people having guns and I never had. I only have something against nuts walking around with assault rifles and sidearms when they go shopping or whatever they do. It´s scary to most citizens. Besides, that right is almost exclusively exercised by right wing extremists and not by ordinary gun owners. I saw a bunch of them in footage from Charlottesville a couple of days ago. Of course, it´s not my problem right wing extremists walking around with assault rifles and sidearms, but I have the right to express my opinion about it.
Lots of Americans are against Open Carry whether it´s assault rifles and sidearms or it´s huge Bowie knives and swords.

Right, and some of those Open Carry people have gotten in such trouble which serves them right. Some care about their rights to carry assault rifles openly and some care about the victims they harass. I belong to the latter group.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby cc nolen on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:05 pm

There will always be victims Hans. It doesnt matter what folks carry. We just have to face the fact that some people are Bad!
Most Law abiding folks are not going to carry automatic weapons around like you say or think. Matter of fact, I have not seen any.
I have seen people with side arms on and it makes me feel good.
Of course, I dont carry a weapon other than a small pocket knife. I found out a long time ago that I could kill a man with my bare hands! :lol:
Something to think about: If just one Teacher would have had a gun and knew how to use it....very few, if any people would have been killed when the idiots opened fire on children....Matter o fact, if they would have even thought a Teacher had a weapon, it probably would not have happened.
NOW! BACK TO THE BOWIE EXHIBIT! I HOPE THEY DONT SHOOT IT UP!
Chris...
cc nolen

Postby Sharkman on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:00 pm

So Texas is open carry now ? I read where the NRA was pushing it in Texas . I read once that you could carry a rifle, but couldn't have a pistol in a holster. Here in KY you can carry a pistol on your belt , but not in a shoulder holster even if you don't have a coat on. They should let normal people write these laws !?
Sharkman

Postby Seguin on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:30 am

There will always be victims Hans.

Right, but we can limit the number of victims by having sensible gun laws.

Most Law abiding folks are not going to carry automatic weapons around like you say or think. Matter of fact, I have not seen any.

True, it´s mostly nuts who take advantage of Open Carry and walk around with assault rifles and sidearms. There´s several cases where they have harassed people. Some of them even create so called "militias". What they´re good for God only knows. I saw such a "militia" at footage from Charlottesville and I read comments on their Facebook page about the woman who was killed and the 15 wounded when a Nazi deliberately drove his car into a group of protesters. The comments varied from sick jokes about people having to look out when they cross the street to comments saying the victims deserved being run down. You can watch some of those Open Carry right wing extremists here:

https://www.facebook.com/vicenews/video ... 7q4cSrq4RE

Something to think about: If just one Teacher would have had a gun and knew how to use it....very few, if any people would have been killed when the idiots opened fire on children....Matter o fact, if they would have even thought a Teacher had a weapon, it probably would not have happened.

I don´t think it works that way. If it was next to impossible to create a school massacre the nuts would find some other targets instead such as kindergartens, youth clubs, theaters, churches, shopping malls...you name it. I don´t think we can get rid of the problem by arming us. Even if everybody walked around with guns such massacres would still happen. All it takes is for a nut/terrorist to drive a car into a crowd of people, like we just saw in Charlottesville. Nobody with a gun could´ve stopped it from happening. I think guns often gives us a false sense of security, that if I have a gun for self defense nothing can happen to me.

NOW! BACK TO THE BOWIE EXHIBIT!

Right!
Attachments
Guns-RealMan.jpg
Guns-RealMan.jpg (47.02 KiB) Viewed 666 times
Guns-Balls-4-2.jpg
Guns-Balls-4-2.jpg (61.31 KiB) Viewed 665 times
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby cc nolen on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Hans, You just said it in your last paragraph. We have little chance in stopping these nuts that harm us and our children. But if just one person has access to a gun and saves one child's life...it is worth arming the good citizens.
If we dont...only bad guys will have guns. Just ride through one of our large cities. You will see gangs toting guns right out in the open!! Hell, even in my small town of Monroe, LA. it is happening. Our Mayor had to hire a Crime Consultant to help fight the crime and killings!!!
Cops wont address them alone and by the time help arrives, they are gone.
I will be armed, and I will protect my family. * You need to worry about Denmark.....Amigo.
Chris...
cc nolen

Postby Seguin on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 am

Hans, You just said it in your last paragraph. We have little chance in stopping these nuts that harm us and our children. But if just one person has access to a gun and saves one child's life...it is worth arming the good citizens.

That rarely happens. I´m not saying it has never happened, but I am saying it rarely happens. I don´t recall any children being saved by an ordinary citizen with a gun.

Our Mayor had to hire a Crime Consultant to help fight the crime and killings!!!

I think the only way to fight crime long term, apart from arresting criminals, is through prevention so that young people don´t end up becoming criminals. Exit programs for gang members are also a necessity. Besides, the debate is not about the right to have a gun, but about Open Carry!

I will be armed, and I will protect my family.

That´s perfectly fine! I don´t mind people owning guns. I just think Open Carry is a foolish law. No decent people carry assault rifles openly except right wing extremists, just like we saw in Charlotteville.

You need to worry about Denmark.....Amigo.

I don´t have to worry about Denmark.....Amigo. We don´t have Open Carry here. Actually, I´m not worrying at all. I just express my opinions. Hopefully, I´m allowed to express my opinions about what´s going on in the world. In this case about Open Carry (not the right to own guns!). You know, first amendment and all that. That´s all.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby cc nolen on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:14 pm

Second Amendment. The Right to KEEP and Bear ARMS. (Bowie Knives too) :roll:
By all means Hans, you have the right to say what you want here. Your one of my best friends. ;)
Please remember; The USA is 3000 miles across and what is right in the Swamps of Louisiana is not correct for Chicago Slums....and whats good in Texas may not work in Detroit! --- States Rights. Hmmmm? Hope we dont have another Civil War! :shock:
Chris...
cc nolen

Postby warren on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:53 pm

Open-Carry can lead to embarrassment, though.

In the very early 80's, I was a broke, baby lawyer, and had gotten a .30 cal. carbine rifle as a fee (my first legal fee was four used tires - trying framing those on your wall). So I wanted to sell the rifle and make a couple of hundred bucks. There was an add in the paper for a Houston gun show, at the old Albert Thomas Convention Center. I decide to go. When a gun show in town, its not unusual to see people downtown walking around with rifles and shotguns going to the show to sell or trade.

You parked underground at Albert Thomas, and there was a long walkway to the elevators. I'm walking along, carrying said carbine. I pass a woman who was walking the opposite direction carrying a beautiful white Persian cat in her arms. We were the only ones on the walkway, and both of our heads swiveled around as we kept walking, looking at each other. I'm thinking "Who the hell brings their cat to a gun show!?"

I get in the elevator, go one floor up and the doors open. First thing I hear is hundreds of meowing cats. Then I notice a sandwich sign a few feet in front of me saying "Welcome Houston Charity Cat Show". Then I notice a hundred faces staring at me and my rifle. Then I notice a cop with his mouth agape and beginning to react.

I immediately hit down on the elevator and went flying back to my car and got the hell out of there. I had misread the weekend date for the gun show in the newspaper.
warren

Postby K Hale on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:09 pm

cc nolen wrote:Second Amendment. The Right to KEEP and Bear ARMS. (Bowie Knives too) :roll:
By all means Hans, you have the right to say what you want here. Your one of my best friends. ;)
Please remember; The USA is 3000 miles across and what is right in the Swamps of Louisiana is not correct for Chicago Slums....and whats good in Texas may not work in Detroit! --- States Rights. Hmmmm? Hope we dont have another Civil War! :shock:
Chris...

Oh, Chris.
Verum non in verbus, sed in testimonium.
K Hale

Postby Buckshot on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Seguin wrote:That rarely happens. I´m not saying it has never happened, but I am saying it rarely happens. I don´t recall any children being saved by an ordinary citizen with a gun.

Hans, perhaps the reason you can't recall anyone being saved by an ordinary citizen with a gun is because not many people in Denmark can own guns. Ordinary citizens in the U.S. have saved themselves (and children) thousands of times by being armed when confronted by a criminal. If gun control had anything to do with crime, Chicago, where it is virtually impossible for a private citizen to own a firearm, should be very safe. Instead, it is Murder Capitol, USA.
If the prevalence of firearms had anything to do with crime, tiny Switzerland should be awash in a sea of dead bodies. There are approx two million privately owned firearms in Swiss homes. Many of those are SIG assault rifles once issued to former members of the Swiss Militia who were allowed to keep them after their service. It was a long time custom that ended a few years ago. Haven't heard of any mass killings in Switzerland in a long time.
I agree with you (a little) about Open Carry--but for a different reason. You mentioned schools and churches. Yes, U.S. criminals love "gun free" zones and unarmed victims. Now and then they encounter an armed victim and the results are very gratifying. Hell just got fuller. I do NOT want a criminal to know I am armed for a tactical reason.

"The rifle has no moral conscience on its own since it has no soul. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are are more good men than evil in the world, and while the latter can not be persuaded by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles" (LT COL Jeff Cooper)
Buckshot

Postby Seguin on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Hans, perhaps the reason you can't recall anyone being saved by an ordinary citizen with a gun is because not many people in Denmark can own guns.

Now it´s you who is ill informed because everybody in Denmark can own guns provided you´re a member of a gun club (like I was once for 2 years) or you´re a hunter.

If gun control...

I´m only debating Open Carry, not gun control, but I do think the so called loopholes should be closed, for instance the fact that you can buy (used) guns at gun shows from private sellers without even having to show an ID and without the sale being registered anywhere. A great place for criminals to buy a (used) gun, or from a private seller somewhere else since that too does´nt require the sale to be registered. Some sort of registration should be in the interest of law abiding gun owners since it´s their good name which gets ruined by letting everybody, inc. criminals and the mentally ill, have easy access to buy guns.

"The rifle has no moral conscience on its own since it has no soul. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes...

So how about limiting access to guns for evil men for evil purposes? Some states have some sort of gun registration while others hardly have any. That does´nt make sense. I know, states rights and all that. Of course, one could do the exact opposite and have no form of gun registration at all and just accept the many gun killings as the price we are willing to pay.

Haven't heard of any mass killings in Switzerland in a long time.

So what´s the difference between Switzerland and the US? Are the Swiss more "civilized" when it comes to gun ownership? If so, it would make a good case for registered gun ownership in the US till the US have reached the same level of "civilized" gun ownership as the Swiss have. ;) Besides, without having checked it, I feel sure all guns in Switzerland are registered.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby Seguin on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Second Amendment. The Right to KEEP and Bear ARMS. (Bowie Knives too)

True, but that does´nt mean guns can´t or should´nt be registered. ;) As for yourself, I´m sure you´re a "well regulated militia". :D

You of course have the right to bear arms. :D
Attachments
Guns-BearArms-2.jpg
Guns-BearArms-2.jpg (32.26 KiB) Viewed 535 times
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby cc nolen on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:31 pm

Well, I do run a very well armed Hunting Club.... :lol: Gawd, I'd hate to lead them in battle.
Most are in their 60s and come to the Club to drink and play dominoes or cards.
Some of my younger members have AR-15s and all sorts of fancy weapons. Fun to shoot,
but expensive to shoot and buy. :roll:
Sorry this got out of hand...seems it always does when Rights are discussed. The US has
around 350 million people. We cant give freedom to that many folks and not expect some
trouble. Freedom comes with a price.
Now - back to the Bowie Exhibit. :D
Attachments
ad.JPG
ad.JPG (61.08 KiB) Viewed 526 times
cc nolen

Postby Seguin on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Sorry this got out of hand...seems it always does when Rights are discussed.

Right, certain topics seems to get people to become very emotional. Anyway, I´ll be looking forward to see you parading around at HHD with a sword. :D

Now - back to the Bowie Exhibit. :D

The what? - Oh right, I almost forgot all about it. :D
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby Buckshot on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:40 pm

Hans, I never said people in Denmark couldn't own guns. I said not many people in Denmark own guns, whereas the Swiss own 2 million guns. Its there to read. The reason that U.S. politicians can't pass more stringent gun laws is that they have a hard time proving ownership of guns causes crime. Its quite the opposite. Criminals don't register their guns. Gun laws are passed to be obeyed. A criminal doesn't care about gun laws. The motor vehicle seems to be the weapon of choice these days in Europe and dozens of people have been killed. I believe every country in Europe has a vehicle registration law.
See ya at HHD 18. I heard CC is bringing knives AND 'hawks.That should be a treat. I'll buy ya a beer, :D
Buckshot

Postby James H. Hood on Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:23 am

I do think the so called loopholes should be closed, for instance the fact that you can buy (used) guns at gun shows from private sellers without even having to show an ID and without the sale being registered anywhere. A great place for criminals to buy a (used) gun, or from a private seller somewhere else since that too does´nt require the sale to be registered.

No, they aren't...they're a terrible place for a criminal to obtain weapons. Have you ever been at a gun show in the United States? Every time I've attended one for close to thirty years, I've seen police officers who are there specifically to look for known criminals.

Some sort of registration should be in the interest of law abiding gun owners since it´s their good name which gets ruined by letting everybody, inc. criminals and the mentally ill, have easy access to buy guns.

I have yet to have somebody proposing firearms registration explain just how having a serial number in a database will keep me from getting shot.
James H. Hood

Postby Seguin on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:18 am

A criminal doesn't care about gun laws.

True, but take the various gun massacres, from school massacres to the attack on the church, planned parenthood, etc. They were´nt committed by criminals but by people who should never have been allowed to own a guns, which they did. It´s also worrying that mentally ill people can own guns.

The motor vehicle seems to be the weapon of choice these days in Europe and dozens of people have been killed. I believe every country in Europe has a vehicle registration law.

Right, we just saw it again first in Charlottesville and now in Barcelona. In most cases in Europe, if not all, a stolen vehicle was used. It was´nt terrorists who used their own car. - Even if you can use all kinds of weapons to cause harm with it´s still not an excuse for not trying to limit guns falling into the wrong hands. Otherwise we might as well do away with speeding laws since there´s people who don´t give a damn about speeding and traffic laws. You can´t prevent people from violating traffic laws so why have traffic laws? Some people cheat with their taxes, so why have tax laws? - I think the same laws that applies to having a car should apply to having a gun. A car has to be registered and so should a gun be.

I'll buy ya a beer, :D

Thanks! :D
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby Seguin on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:33 am

No, they aren't...they're a terrible place for a criminal to obtain weapons. Have you ever been at a gun show in the United States? Every time I've attended one for close to thirty years, I've seen police officers who are there specifically to look for known criminals.

It´s still not a reason for not closing the loophole.

I have yet to have somebody proposing firearms registration explain just how having a serial number in a database will keep me from getting shot.

The registration of the gun is not enough. The police also have to check if the buyer has ever been convicted of a violent crime (of course if the conviction is not too serious and happened a very long time ago exceptions should be made). You can never stop all gun killings from happening, but you can try and limit them.
- A gun database can probably be used for several things such as letting the police know how many stolen guns are out there (provided gun owners report it when their guns have been stolen). It can also help make it difficult for to sell stolen guns if all sales were registered.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby SantaClaus on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:13 pm

NefariousNed wrote:It's Bowie Liberation Day at the Alamo, September 2nd! Who's going ?!

I was planning to go to the "Bowie Liberation Day at the Alamo" event scheduled for September 2nd, but have changed my mind. :(
It could have been fun, like a giant "Bowies at the Perch" fest. Could have been harmless and peaceful. I've been monitoring the internet for any signs that the event would be hijacked or steered into some kind of angry political event with protesters and counter-protesters. Today, during a routine Google search of the event, I came across a "White Pride" website called "Stormfront" which is promoting the event to its members. I don't even know how many members they have or if they'll show, but this is just what I was hoping would not happen.
Unfortunately, that taints the event for me. I don't want to show up at the Alamo for a Bowie knife event, and end up standing next to a guy with a Confederate flag or a NAZI flag while someone else is throwing rocks or bottles of urine at me. Not my idea of a good time celebration. :x
So, I'll just wait until HHD's 2018 to bring my Bowie knife to the Alamo.
SantaClaus

Postby James H. Hood on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:36 pm

True, but take the various gun massacres, from school massacres to the attack on the church, planned parenthood, etc. They were´nt committed by criminals but by people who should never have been allowed to own a guns, which they did.

Kip Kingle, Adam Lanza, ‎Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold did not purchase their weapons...your legislative proposals would not have prevented their acquisition.
It´s also worrying that mentally ill people can own guns.

Aside from the facts that not all mental disorders are the same, are not necessarily severe, and the overwhelming majority of those so afflicted are not violent, consider...persons in this nation with a final adjudication of uncured mental incompetency are ineligible to possess firearms.
A car has to be registered and so should a gun be.

Vehicle registration exists solely to raise revenue...it has zero to do with safety in this state.
It´s still not a reason for not closing the loophole.

You admit that your proposal would solve nothing, but want it enacted anyway?
It can also help make it difficult for to sell stolen guns if all sales were registered.

Again, again, again...if persons are willing to act extralegally, such a law is moot.
James H. Hood

Postby Seguin on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Again, again, again...if persons are willing to act extralegally, such a law is moot.

Not all are willing to act extralegally, as you call it.

Kip Kingle, Adam Lanza, ‎Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold did not purchase their weapons...your legislative proposals would not have prevented their acquisition.

I never said background checks would prevent ALL gun killings and massacres from happening.

Aside from the facts that not all mental disorders are the same, are not necessarily severe, and the overwhelming majority of those so afflicted are not violent, consider...persons in this nation with a final adjudication of uncured mental incompetency are ineligible to possess firearms.

The level of insanity will of course have to be judged by a psychiatrist as well as the person´s past mental health history. If a mentally ill person have a prior history of being violent during a fit of insanity that ought to be enough reason to deny him the right to own a gun, unless a psychiatrist can declare him 100% well again.
According to a Mar. 10, 2016 Lancet study, implementing federal universal background checks could reduce firearm deaths by a projected 56.9%; background checks for ammunition purchases could reduce deaths by a projected 80.7%; and gun identification requirements could reduce deaths by a projected 82.5%.
(Bindu Kalesan, Matthew E. Mobily, Olivia Keiser, Jeffrey A. Fagan, and Sandro Galea, "Firearm Legislation and Firearm Mortality in the USA: A Cross-Sectional, State-Level Study," thelancet.com, Mar. 10, 2016)

Vehicle registration exists solely to raise revenue...it has zero to do with safety in this state.

Really? Here, you have to get your car checked every two years and if it does´nt pass inspection they´ll take away your license plates, unless you get it repaired immediately, of course.

You admit that your proposal would solve nothing, but want it enacted anyway?

No, I don´t. I think all guns should be registered and all gun sale loophole closed by demanding all sales being registered. Now criminals can buy (used) guns at gun shows (from private sellers) and from private citizens who wants to sell guns via ads f.ex. without the sales being registered and without the buyer having to show ID.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby cc nolen on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:43 pm

Wow! I go to the camp where I have very little servce to get on line, and I come back to this same crap. No Gun Law in America has changed anything when murder is involved...Period. People are going to act stupid and kill with whatever is handy. I believe those cars are registered that folks are running over people with...You just cant fix stupid.
cc nolen

Postby NefariousNed on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Time for a piece of cake, I think.
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby warren on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:50 pm

z1.png
z1.png (255.68 KiB) Viewed 307 times

Open-Carry of rodents must be stopped.
warren

Postby SantaClaus on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:54 pm

cc nolen wrote:___________________
I wouldnt let a bunch of Nazis stop my good time Richard. Thats exactly what they want! Damn I wish I lived closer, I really hate to miss this Ralley. Jack is going so I hope there is NO trouble.
God & Texas!
Chris...

Are you sure Jack is going? I'll re-reconsider if I know that he and other friendlies will be there.
I don't think NAZI types are trying to discourage people from attending. I think they might want to take advantage of a large crowd and turn the event into something negative and try to puff up their image by claiming that the attendees are members of their creepy little group.
SantaClaus

Postby cc nolen on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:21 pm

I'll be in Ft. Worth this week end and I'll make sure he's going....I think Buckshot and others may go as well. Should be a good time as long as those nuts dont ruin it.
Chris... :D
cc nolen

Postby Buckshot on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:40 pm

I think Ned was suggesting we take a break about discussing firearms laws in Denmark VS the U.S. As it turns out, its a moot point. Under no circumstance may you defend yourself with a firearm in Denmark by law, in fact, you can't even defend yourself with pepper spray, even if you are a teen-aged girl about to be raped, as the below information shows. i want to stress this post is not directed at Hans personally. I called a colleague in the Embassy in Denmark. He referred me to the below incident in Sonderberg from 2016. I decided to add this anyway, especially in light of what might happen at Bowie Liberation Day.
Denmark1.JPG
Denmark1.JPG (82.37 KiB) Viewed 275 times

The criminalization of the right of self defense has spread to other countries in Europe. See below.
No Defense Allowed.JPG
No Defense Allowed.JPG (116.75 KiB) Viewed 275 times

Some countries do NOT allow the use of firearms as a defense under ANY circumstances.
As far as Sept 2nd, I WILL be at the Alamo with a Texas flag. Sorry Chris won't be there. He has personally seen how far I go to avoid getting physical with someone. :D Of course, the NAZI's might be of a different persuasion.
Buckshot

Postby Seguin on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:27 am

Buckshot wrote:I think Ned was suggesting we take a break about discussing firearms laws in Denmark VS the U.S. As it turns out, its a moot point. Under no circumstance may you defend yourself with a firearm in Denmark by law, in fact, you can't even defend yourself with pepper spray, even if you are a teen-aged girl about to be raped, as the below information shows. i want to stress this post is not directed at Hans personally. I called a colleague in the Embassy in Denmark. He referred me to the below incident in Sonderberg from 2016. I decided to add this anyway, especially in light of what might happen at Bowie Liberation Day.
Denmark1.JPG

The criminalization of the right of self defense has spread to other countries in Europe. See below.
No Defense Allowed.JPG

Some countries do NOT allow the use of firearms as a defense under ANY circumstances.
As far as Sept 2nd, I WILL be at the Alamo with a Texas flag. Sorry Chris won't be there. He has personally seen how far I go to avoid getting physical with someone. :D Of course, the NAZI's might be of a different persuasion.

True, it´s a moot point. I just have to reply to post meant for me. It would be impolite to ignore them.

You can only own a gun in Denmark if you´re a member of a gun club or a hunter. If you´re a member of a gun club or a hunter you can own all the guns you want. It´s the same thing in most countries, except in the US, of course. It´s actually the US which is an anomaly in that regard (same thing with healthcare for that matter).
- Pepper sprays are illegal but there´s an ongoing debate about whether to legalize them or not. The police are against it fearing pepper sprays will be used by criminals as well. It´s difficult for the politicians to legalize something which the police are against being legalized. As for the case of the girl defending herself with a pepper spray in Sønderborg. She´ll just receive a fine for possession of a pepper spray. No big deal. People´s sympathy is of course on her side.
We have a party leader, a woman, who admitted to carrying a pepper spray in her purse. She was fined and is now President of the parliament. So, getting a fine for possession of a pepper spray is no big deal.
The law says you can defend yourself, but if you use an illegal weapon you will of course be fined.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby cc nolen on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Our law says you can defend your self as well. I choose my 357 magnum. To hell with the fine!!! :lol:
cc nolen

Postby SantaClaus on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Well, I've been persuaded. I WILL go to the Alamo on September 2, and I will be totin' my Bowie knife. Hope to see some familiar faces there. :D
SantaClaus

PreviousNext

Return to Alamo Events & Gatherings.