Goliad On Film

Your Favourite Other Alamo Films.

Moderator: NefariousNed

Goliad On Film

Postby Sharkman on Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Goliad is always sort of a footnote. Are their any films or even documentaries about it. To me the way they were killed is something that would make your blood boil. The men were not cowards their leader wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but I believe they were offered terms when they surrendered, But Santa Anna said I don't care what you promised they are pirates kill them. From what I have read that morning they marched them out they thought they were going home.
Sharkman

Re: Goliad On Film

Postby AlamoAaron on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:20 pm

To the best of my knowledge, Goliad was first shown in "Gone to Texas". It was actually the Brackettville Wayne-amo set. It merely shows the Texians being marched out and executed. In "The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory," Goliad is also shown when John W. Smith and Bonham ride there for reinforcements. (BTW, it's also the first Alamo movie to give Fannin a decent role.) But the Goliad/Fort Defiance set is shown only from the gates, and looks more like a stockade than a stone/adobe fortress. "Texas Rising" features a decent Goliad set (not perfect, but ok IMO), and goes into further depth with Fannin, although it's heavily inaccurate. Kinda interesting, it's the only time on film that shows the Battle at Coleto Creek, although in Texas Rising it's more like a desert. The executions of Fannin and his men are also shown. So that's what I know about Goliad and Fannin in movies. Hope that was helpful.
AlamoAaron

Return to Other Alamo Related Films.