Two For Texas (1998)

Your Favourite Other Alamo Films.

Moderator: NefariousNed

Two For Texas (1998)

Postby NefariousNed on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:25 pm

I decided to re-watch TWO FOR TEXAS (1998) from the perspective of someone who knows absolutely nothing about Texas
history and, in doing so, found it to be an enjoyable "Western". Starring Kris Kristofferson, Scott Bairstow, Peter Coyote
and Tom Skerrett, the film takes in the Alamo aftermath and the battle of San Jacinto. Kristofferson andf Bairstow appear
as escapees from a Louisiana chain gang who travel to Texas to avoid pursuit by the chain gang boss. They meet up with a
captive Indian girl (Irene Bedard) experience adventures and young love along the way and finally end up getting swept
along in the Texas revolution. The battle of San Jacinto sequence itself gave me sort of a deja vu feeling. Kevin, were
you involved in this production? Why weren't others made privy to the fact that it was even being filmed? I would've surely
thrown my hat into the ring, if only for having the chance of possibly meeting up with the lovely Irene Bedard.

The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Two For Texas (1998)

Postby Seguin on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:42 am

Yes, it´s a very enjoyable Western. Of course, everything in it may not be
historically correct, but that goes for most movies. Not even documentaries
are 100% historically correct.
Attachments
TwoForTexas-Poster.jpg
TwoForTexas-Poster.jpg (17.96 KiB) Viewed 4608 times
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Re:Two For Texas (1998)

Postby Davy on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:59 am

Yessir ... I kin see whar Ms. Bedard would be of considerable hysterical significance fer shore! :o :lol:

Davy
In God we trust. Everyone else keep your hands where we can see them. Anonymous ..
Davy

Re:Two For Texas (1998)

Postby quincey morris on Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:48 am

Kevin, were you involved in this production? Why weren't others made privy to the fact that it was even being filmed?

All I did was to get them the copy image of the Alamo dag so they could do the front. The late Riley Flynn was their
historical advisor and the guy who hired the reenactors. He kept it a pretty closed set.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie
Marshal Pierre Bosquet
25 October 1854
quincey morris

Re: Two For Texas (1998)

Postby Immortal Alamo on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:08 pm

quincey morris wrote:
Kevin, were you involved in this production? Why weren't others made privy to the fact that it was even being filmed?

All I did was to get them the copy image of the Alamo dag so they could do the front. The late Riley Flynn was their
historical advisor and the guy who hired the reenactors. He kept it a pretty closed set.

That bit of news shocks me, Kevin. I've always thought the most ironic thing about this movie is that they were going to construct
a new facade of the Alamo church and instead of even trying for authenticity, for once, they just replicated the Waynamo church
with its "Price of Freedom" raised ridgeline and all the many, many other inaccuracies of that set. And now you're telling me they
actually had the deguerrotype? That is just plain weird.

FT

Immortal Alamo

Postby quincey morris on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:12 am

Yes Frank, they came in, watched Price of Freedom, looked at George's model, talked some details, and I gave them
a copy of the dag. A check came a couple of weeks later.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie
Marshal Pierre Bosquet
25 October 1854
quincey morris

Postby tman56 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:21 am

Watched TWO FOR TEXAS today on TNT On Demand. It was better than I remembered. After San Jainto it's Texas Bob, complete wit cigar, working on Houston's wounded leg.

Tman56
tman56

Postby NefariousNed on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:49 am

Both Jack Edmondson and Jeff Bearden were in "Two For Texas", as was Mike Waters. According to Jeff today, he and Mike Waters can be seen in the funeral pyre scene. As Jeff was laying there, he heard a voice from above say, "You guys look like hell!" Looking up, Jeff saw that it was Kris Kristofferson. "Yeah, I reckon we do", Jeff replied. Jeff says that when they lit the funeral pyre, he was a little too close for comfort and when the sole of his shoe began to smoulder, he became suddenly resurrected.

At San Jacinto, Jeff got to be in Sam Houston's cavalry, while Jack was with the infantry. "They had us running through sand, " Jack recalls. "After that, I specified that I would thereafter do all my scenes from horseback." "So, you were reenacting the battle of Sand Jacinto," I quipped.
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby TexianAtHeartII on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:43 am

Encore Westerns is showing Two For Texas with Kris Kristofferson, Scott Bairstow, and Tom Skerritt. Been on awhile now, San Jacinto coming up right now.
TexianAtHeartII

Postby NefariousNed on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:09 am

"Two For Texas" Alamo aftermath.
Attachments
TwoForTexasAfterMath.jpg
TwoForTexasAfterMath.jpg (52.96 KiB) Viewed 3599 times
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:10 am

Mrs. Dickinson, "Two For Texas". (Filmed at Mission San Jose.)
Attachments
TwoForTexasMrsDickinson.jpg
TwoForTexasMrsDickinson.jpg (50.36 KiB) Viewed 3552 times
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:16 am

Another view of the Two For Texas set. Funeral pyre!
NefariousNed

Postby RLC-GTT on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:34 am

I can't believe anybody who knows the Waynamo could look at that set and think it was the same facade. Pretty realistic Mrs. Dickinson though.
RLC-GTT

Postby cc nolen on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Who can forget the mini-musso? :roll:
Attachments
coyote bowie # 1.JPG
coyote bowie # 1.JPG (61.22 KiB) Viewed 3545 times
cc nolen

Postby RLC-GTT on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Or Peter Coyote as Jim Bowie. :roll:
RLC-GTT

Postby GQMP on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:02 am

You can see for the first time or re-watch TWO FOR TEXAS (1998) being broadcast on the Inspirational or INSP cable channel 190 Tonight Sunday December 10th at 10:PM Eastern Time 9:PM Central Standard time. Check your local listings.

Starring Kris Kristofferson,Scott Bairstow,Peter Coyote and Tom Skerrit.

Escapees (Kris Kristofferson, Scott Bairstow) from a Louisiana penal colony join Sam Houston's Texas Volunteer Army and fight to avenge the Alamo.Movie takes in the Alamo aftermath and the Battle of San Jacinto.
Filmed in San Antonio, Bastrop, Caddo Lake,Marshall and McKinney Falls State Park, Austin, Texas.
I dont no why Alamo Village was not used in the making of this movie. My guess is budget restraints.

Preview from TNT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24_z493ISuk
GQMP

Return to Other Alamo Related Films.