Moderator: NefariousNed

Re: News From Mo, Gill & Charlotte In Wales

Postby mrbassbone on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:39 pm

The following is an email I received from Mo, Gill & Char:

11th September 2017

Saturday

UK Time     9.25pm   

Hello Shell & Family

This is just a very quick e mail from the three of us here to let you know that we are thinking of you and you are all in our thoughts and prayers here as that awful storm heads in on Florida

So please take care and may the good Lord keep you all safe

Best wishes

Gill, Mo & Charlotte
"Tenacity, Dick! Stay with the B*****DS until they are on the bottom!"

"Mush" Morton to his XO Richard H. O'Kane on the USS WAHOO while on patrol in the East China Sea 1943
mrbassbone

Postby mrbassbone on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Just got the following from Mo:

Hello again Shell

Thank you for your update and we are pleased to read that you may the worst of the storm but what we are seeing over here on
our News Channels that parts of Florida are already getting badly
hammered as this storm moves in

It was just on the news about Orlando and the threat of tornados
on top of the storm itself but I am glad to read that you and Barb are keeping safe as best you can and our thoughts and prayers
are still with you both.

So again take care there and best wishes as always

Gill, Mo & Charlotte

UK Time 2.55pm

"Mush" Morton to his XO Richard H. O'Kane on the USS WAHOO while on patrol in the East China Sea 1943
mrbassbone

Postby AlamoGill on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Thank you Ned for posting the news about Charlotte and here is the full up date

Firstly her Consultant Friday afternoon has decided that she does not need to have the full colonoscopy procedure until the ulcers are fully
healed as the one part of her medication is working and the ulcers have stopped bleeding so he does not want to upset that and will look at
that again in 3 months’ time when she will have to see him again. He is very happy with the results of her blood tests from Thursday especially
her HB count which has now gone up to 138 it should be 140 so he has now told her to stop taking the iron tablets completely as her body is now
producing enough iron properly again.

Sadly the Liver Function part of the blood test threw up a count of 43 it should be 40 but that is not a problem as that is down to the medication
and has she reduces the dosage of another of her tablets that will return to normal so not a big concern. Now from a blood test point of view I no
longer have to do anymore weekly blood tests and her next one will be done in 3 months’ time when she sees him again. Now her medication once
she has finished the course of 5 tablets she will only have to take one every morning before food for the next three years as part of what they call
her colon maintenance regime but she is fine with that and of course stick with the diet as set down by the hospital dietician which she has up to
now.

Finally the good news for Charlotte is that her consultant is happy for her to return to University on the 17th of September ready to start Year 2 of
her degree on the 18th and she is well pleased but he has laid down some ground rules with her including lots of early nights so she does not get to
tired in the day but she is so relieved by this outcome and he is happy for Mo and I to monitor her progress along with the University Wellness Officer
while she is away but she will still have to be careful lifestyle wise but Charlotte knows the score now so after the ups and downs of the past couple
of months there is a lot more light at the end of the tunnel for us but it has been very trying and taken its toll on us all so at the moment things look
more upbeat at last for her.

Right there you have it for now and thank you all again for your kind words and prayers for her these past few weeks

Best wishes

Gill, Mo & Charlotte
AlamoGill

Postby SantaClaus on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Dear Gill and Mo,
Very happy to hear that your Charlotte has improved and that she is able to head off for her 2nd year of school. :D I will celebrate this good news with a shot of Geritol, the magic elixir for "iron-poor tired blood". Cheers! ;)
Richard
SantaClaus

Postby Seguin on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:54 am

Glad to hear Charlotte is almost back to normal again and can return to university as planned. What an ordeal it´s been for you all, and especially for Charlotte, of course. Now you can all take it somewhat easy again. About time too. Best wishes for a complete recovery for Charlotte.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby mrbassbone on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:43 am

Mo, Gill, Char: great to hear that Charlotte is better. I posted in the OFF TOPIC section a rundown of what transpired here to us.

mrbassbone

Postby AlamoGill on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Indeed she is well on the mend here and thank you and everyone
else for your love and support for her as she has had a really rough
Summer bless her.

We have had a busy day here today getting all of her stuff to take
her back to University tomorrow ready to start Year 2 of her degree
on Monday and she is very excited and looking forward to some hard
work in the year ahead

So take care now

Best wishes

Gill, Mo & Charlotte
AlamoGill

Postby Seguin on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:27 am

...she is very excited and looking forward to some hard work in the year ahead...

I´ve often been excited, but I´ve never looked forward to hard work. It sounds like she´s not quite well yet. ;) :lol:
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby RLC-GTT on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:50 am

:lol: I had the same reaction. Glad to hear she's back in the saddle and ready to gallop! ;)
RLC-GTT

Postby NefariousNed on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:33 am

From Gill:

Firstly apologies for the lack of contact from this end as we have both been down to Carmarthen
for a couple of days to help Charlotte sort out some bits and pieces in University and take the
last of her stuff down for her for Year 2 . I apologise for what looks a mess as I was rearranging
it all for her but Charlotte is very happy with her room and what she calls “ Very Cosy “ and her
En-suite bathroom especially the power shower cubicle and she is chuffed to bits with it so no
more toilet or shower sharing like in her old halls of residence last year in “ Year 1 “ so she is
one happy bunny.
Attachments
GillCharlotteUniversity6.jpg
GillCharlotteUniversity6.jpg (36.17 KiB) Viewed 748 times
GillCharlotteUniversity5.jpg
GillCharlotteUniversity5.jpg (51.86 KiB) Viewed 747 times
GillCharlotteUniversity4.jpg
GillCharlotteUniversity4.jpg (48.36 KiB) Viewed 747 times
GillCharlotteUniversity3.jpg
GillCharlotteUniversity3.jpg (37.03 KiB) Viewed 748 times
GillCharlottteUniversity2.jpg
GillCharlottteUniversity2.jpg (30.17 KiB) Viewed 748 times
GillCharlottteUniversity1.jpg
GillCharlottteUniversity1.jpg (37.14 KiB) Viewed 751 times
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby Seguin on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:33 am

Great looking room Charlotte have and her own bathroom too! It does´nt get any better than that. She´ll now be one clean happy bunny. :D
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Seguin wrote:Great looking room Charlotte have and her own bathroom too! It does´nt get any better than that. She´ll now be one clean happy bunny. :D

Indeed, Charlotte looks so happy here, it's almost hard to remember that she is still not out of the woods yet, health-wise. But, as Gill says,
Charlotte "is getting good care here and in University".
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby RLC-GTT on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:10 am

Thrilled to see Charlotte's room -- and just as thrilled to learn a new expression: "chuffed to bits." ;)
RLC-GTT

Postby Seguin on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:19 am

RLC-GTT wrote:Thrilled to see Charlotte's room -- and just as thrilled to learn a new expression: "chuffed to bits." ;)

Chuffed to bits:

Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby NefariousNed on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:40 pm

From Gill:

"Mo will send a full report and photographs over the weeked from last Monday when we celebrated my
Auntie Ruth’s 100th birthday at Portmeirion Village North Wales and a wonderful time including the
brilliant weather was enjoyed by all and as a taster I have attached three images for you."
Attachments
GillAuntRuth100-1.jpg
GillAuntRuth100-1.jpg (53.79 KiB) Viewed 623 times
GillAuntRuth100-2.jpg
GillAuntRuth100-2.jpg (34.33 KiB) Viewed 623 times
GillAuntRuth100-3.jpg
GillAuntRuth100-3.jpg (60.46 KiB) Viewed 624 times
NefariousNed

Postby RLC-GTT on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:43 am

Thanks, Hans. I'm simply "chuffed to bits" to see that! It sounds like it should mean "got caught under a reaping machine!" :lol:
RLC-GTT

Postby RLC-GTT on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:46 am

Wow, Gil!!! Looks like four sisters! I bet she's got a lot of spunk too! ;)
RLC-GTT

Postby Seguin on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:37 am

RLC-GTT wrote:Thanks, Hans. I'm simply "chuffed to bits" to see that! It sounds like it should mean "got caught under a reaping machine!" :lol:

I too, learned a new British expression - "A bit of how´s your father" (if the weather holds and the dog don´t mind). :D It´s somewhere here:

Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby Seguin on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:40 am

NefariousNed wrote:From Gill:

"Mo will send a full report and photographs over the weeked from last Monday when we celebrated my
Auntie Ruth’s 100th birthday at Portmeirion Village North Wales and a wonderful time including the
brilliant weather was enjoyed by all and as a taster I have attached three images for you."

Great photos! Amazing, Auntie Ruth does´nt look like she´s 100 years old. I hope she´s still in good health.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby ConnieFromHaiti on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:08 am

What a great venue for Aunt Ruth's birthday! I was first made aware of Portmeirion from a mystery novel set in North Wales. And I was able to look around at it on line -- between Google Earth and the Portmeirion website. Then I got back to my house that summer and found that the tenants I had in the house had just bought some Portmeirion china! Looks like you could spend a week there and not see it all! Did you stay there or just go for the day? What a wonderful occasion in a unique and marvelous spot. I can't wait for more photos and the report.
ConnieFromHaiti

Postby NefariousNed on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:31 am

For fans of the 1960's TV Series "The Prisoner" about an ex-secret agent (Patrick McGoohan) imprisoned in
"The Village" (a prison for ex-secret agents), Mo presents these 4 photos of Prisoner N0. 6's house. The
Villager of Portmeirion was the filming location.
Attachments
PrisonerTVSeriesLocation1.jpg
PrisonerTVSeriesLocation1.jpg (73.07 KiB) Viewed 555 times
PrisonerTVSeriesLocation2.jpg
PrisonerTVSeriesLocation2.jpg (60.15 KiB) Viewed 555 times
PrisonerTVSeriesLocation3.jpg
PrisonerTVSeriesLocation3.jpg (46.71 KiB) Viewed 554 times
PrisonerTVSeriesLocation4.jpg
PrisonerTVSeriesLocation4.jpg (46.73 KiB) Viewed 554 times
NefariousNed

Postby Seguin on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:40 am

Interesting photos. I don´t think I´ve watched the TV series. Prisoner no.6 sure had a nice prison-house. I guess prisons are no longer what they used to be, or maybe ex-secret agents gets preferential treatment. :D
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby mrbassbone on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:50 am

Seguin wrote:Interesting photos. I don´t think I´ve watched the TV series. Prisoner no.6 sure had a nice prison-house. I guess prisons are no longer what they used to be, or maybe ex-secret agents gets preferential treatment. :D

Uh....DON'T try to escape.

mrbassbone

Postby NefariousNed on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:45 am

[
mrbassbone wrote:
Seguin wrote:Interesting photos. I don´t think I´ve watched the TV series. Prisoner no.6 sure had a nice prison-house. I guess prisons are no longer what they used to be, or maybe ex-secret agents gets preferential treatment. :D

Uh....DON'T try to escape.

Nope. No escape for the Prisoner from The Village. It was scary. the ball would roll over the escapee engulfing him, or her,
then roll them back to their home. Sort of "A Clockwork Orange" bizarre.
prisoner-ball.jpg
prisoner-ball.jpg (61.78 KiB) Viewed 524 times

The secret agents were never allowed to retire, as they knew too much. So they were taken by force to The Village to live
out their days. Many tried to escape. In the opening credits to "The Prisoner", McGoohan is seen angrily throwing down his ID
badge and gun onto a desk and then storming out the door.

The TV series, "The Prisoner" was a sort of sequel to Patrick McGoohan's very successful Cold War spy TV series, "Secret Agent",
or "Danger Man" in the UK. In the Johnny Rivers theme song, "Secret Agent Man", the lyrics go, "Secret Agent Man... they've
given you a number and taken 'way your name". In "The Prisoner", McGoohan is "No. 6.

Bit of trivia: McGoohan had actually been offered the coveted role of James Bond, but declined it, saying, "I would never appear
in a film my kids could not watch."
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:48 pm

Some more photos (by Mo) of Portmeirion Village from Gill, as well as two links to BBC News on the 50th
Anniversary of "The Prisoner' TV series filmed there. Thanks, Gill.

“ Celebration As Cult Show The Prisoner Turns 50"'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-nort ... s-41427458

“ In Pictures The Prisoner At 50 "
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-37232329
Attachments
Portmeirion Village 8.jpg
Portmeirion Village 8.jpg (75.79 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Portmeirion Village9.jpg
Portmeirion Village9.jpg (57.57 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Portmeirion Village 10.jpg
Portmeirion Village 10.jpg (61.63 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Portmeirion Village 11.jpg
Portmeirion Village 11.jpg (60.78 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Portmeirion Village 12.jpg
Portmeirion Village 12.jpg (60.39 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Portmeirion Village 13.jpg
Portmeirion Village 13.jpg (60.53 KiB) Viewed 468 times
Portmeirion Village 14.jpg
Portmeirion Village 14.jpg (53.01 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Portmeirion Village 15.jpg
Portmeirion Village 15.jpg (58.53 KiB) Viewed 466 times
NefariousNed

Postby ConnieFromHaiti on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:48 pm

Great photos! Thanks for posting them, Ned. And thanks for sharing them, Mo and Gill. What a fun place.
ConnieFromHaiti

Postby RLC-GTT on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:05 am

Strangely, Connie, the colors and design of the buildings makes me think of that new student apartment area near our house.
RLC-GTT

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:44 pm

More Portmeirion photos from Gill & Mo.

Portmeirion Hotel

NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Portmeirion Village

NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Table Settings for Aunt Ruth's 100th Birthday party.

NefariousNed

Postby ConnieFromHaiti on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Beautiful!
ConnieFromHaiti

Postby cc nolen on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:59 pm

The colors are spectacular! Thanks for all the great photos.
Chris...
cc nolen

Postby ConnieFromHaiti on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:09 pm

RLC-GTT wrote:Strangely, Connie, the colors and design of the buildings makes me think of that new student apartment area near our house.

The colors, yes a little. The village-like aspect of The Retreat, yes, somewhat. The charm of the architecture, not so much.
Attachments
The Retreat.jpg
The Retreat.jpg (226.2 KiB) Viewed 377 times
The Retreat too.jpg
The Retreat too.jpg (193.23 KiB) Viewed 377 times
ConnieFromHaiti

Postby RLC-GTT on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:36 pm

Absolutely.
RLC-GTT

Postby RLC-GTT on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:41 pm

NefariousNed wrote:Table Settings for Aunt Ruth's 100th Birthday party.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Nefarioso/media/Travel/PortmeirionPartyTableMo_zpspckeawvx.jpg.html][img]

My brother Connie's father would have done backflips over this (heavy as he was). He lamented the loss of classical serving format and searched for restaurants that retained it. Did he know about this town, Connie?

Thanks Mo, Gill and Ned for presenting these great photos.
RLC-GTT

Postby ConnieFromHaiti on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:34 pm

I doubt it.
ConnieFromHaiti

Postby Seguin on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:45 am

NefariousNed wrote:For fans of the 1960's TV Series "The Prisoner" about an ex-secret agent (Patrick McGoohan) imprisoned in
"The Village" (a prison for ex-secret agents), Mo presents these 4 photos of Prisoner N0. 6's house. The
Villager of Portmeirion was the filming location.

Great looking houses in the village. Almost otherworldly. Nice hotel photos too inc. the table for the birthday party.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby NefariousNed on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:13 pm

From Gill & Mo:

23rd October 2017
Saturday
UK Time 1 55pm

The weather is scary here right now
and we are on a flood alert.

First warning from the BBC Wales News website last night:

“ Storm Brian Gale To Close Aberystwyth Seafront “

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-41679430

Then it has really hit in on us today:

“ Storm Brian Disruption For Wales As Strong Winds Hit “

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-41701697

&

" Storm Brian High Seas Hit UK Coast "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41704779

Back at you later hopefully

Gill & Mo
NefariousNed

Postby Seguin on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:25 am

Hopefully, Brian won´t cause serious damage or flooding. :(
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby SantaClaus on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:32 pm

Looks like Brian is gone, but more storms are expected. Here's another story about Brian and those other predicted storms.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Maeve.html
SantaClaus

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Announcements.