Moderator: NefariousNed

Re: News From Mo, Gill & Charlotte In Wales

Postby mrbassbone on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:39 pm

The following is an email I received from Mo, Gill & Char:

11th September 2017

Saturday

UK Time     9.25pm   

Hello Shell & Family

This is just a very quick e mail from the three of us here to let you know that we are thinking of you and you are all in our thoughts and prayers here as that awful storm heads in on Florida

So please take care and may the good Lord keep you all safe

Best wishes

Gill, Mo & Charlotte
"Tenacity, Dick! Stay with the B*****DS until they are on the bottom!"

"Mush" Morton to his XO Richard H. O'Kane on the USS WAHOO while on patrol in the East China Sea 1943
mrbassbone

Postby mrbassbone on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Just got the following from Mo:

Hello again Shell

Thank you for your update and we are pleased to read that you may the worst of the storm but what we are seeing over here on
our News Channels that parts of Florida are already getting badly
hammered as this storm moves in

It was just on the news about Orlando and the threat of tornados
on top of the storm itself but I am glad to read that you and Barb are keeping safe as best you can and our thoughts and prayers
are still with you both.

So again take care there and best wishes as always

Gill, Mo & Charlotte

UK Time 2.55pm

"Mush" Morton to his XO Richard H. O'Kane on the USS WAHOO while on patrol in the East China Sea 1943
mrbassbone

Postby AlamoGill on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Thank you Ned for posting the news about Charlotte and here is the full up date

Firstly her Consultant Friday afternoon has decided that she does not need to have the full colonoscopy procedure until the ulcers are fully
healed as the one part of her medication is working and the ulcers have stopped bleeding so he does not want to upset that and will look at
that again in 3 months’ time when she will have to see him again. He is very happy with the results of her blood tests from Thursday especially
her HB count which has now gone up to 138 it should be 140 so he has now told her to stop taking the iron tablets completely as her body is now
producing enough iron properly again.

Sadly the Liver Function part of the blood test threw up a count of 43 it should be 40 but that is not a problem as that is down to the medication
and has she reduces the dosage of another of her tablets that will return to normal so not a big concern. Now from a blood test point of view I no
longer have to do anymore weekly blood tests and her next one will be done in 3 months’ time when she sees him again. Now her medication once
she has finished the course of 5 tablets she will only have to take one every morning before food for the next three years as part of what they call
her colon maintenance regime but she is fine with that and of course stick with the diet as set down by the hospital dietician which she has up to
now.

Finally the good news for Charlotte is that her consultant is happy for her to return to University on the 17th of September ready to start Year 2 of
her degree on the 18th and she is well pleased but he has laid down some ground rules with her including lots of early nights so she does not get to
tired in the day but she is so relieved by this outcome and he is happy for Mo and I to monitor her progress along with the University Wellness Officer
while she is away but she will still have to be careful lifestyle wise but Charlotte knows the score now so after the ups and downs of the past couple
of months there is a lot more light at the end of the tunnel for us but it has been very trying and taken its toll on us all so at the moment things look
more upbeat at last for her.

Right there you have it for now and thank you all again for your kind words and prayers for her these past few weeks

Best wishes

Gill, Mo & Charlotte
AlamoGill

Postby SantaClaus on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Dear Gill and Mo,
Very happy to hear that your Charlotte has improved and that she is able to head off for her 2nd year of school. :D I will celebrate this good news with a shot of Geritol, the magic elixir for "iron-poor tired blood". Cheers! ;)
Richard
SantaClaus

Postby Seguin on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:54 am

Glad to hear Charlotte is almost back to normal again and can return to university as planned. What an ordeal it´s been for you all, and especially for Charlotte, of course. Now you can all take it somewhat easy again. About time too. Best wishes for a complete recovery for Charlotte.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby mrbassbone on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:43 am

Mo, Gill, Char: great to hear that Charlotte is better. I posted in the OFF TOPIC section a rundown of what transpired here to us.

mrbassbone

Postby AlamoGill on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Indeed she is well on the mend here and thank you and everyone
else for your love and support for her as she has had a really rough
Summer bless her.

We have had a busy day here today getting all of her stuff to take
her back to University tomorrow ready to start Year 2 of her degree
on Monday and she is very excited and looking forward to some hard
work in the year ahead

So take care now

Best wishes

Gill, Mo & Charlotte
AlamoGill

Postby Seguin on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:27 am

...she is very excited and looking forward to some hard work in the year ahead...

I´ve often been excited, but I´ve never looked forward to hard work. It sounds like she´s not quite well yet. ;) :lol:
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby RLC-GTT on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:50 am

:lol: I had the same reaction. Glad to hear she's back in the saddle and ready to gallop! ;)
RLC-GTT

Previous

Return to Forum Announcements.