Major Update & Forum Future Details October 2017

News & Views.

Moderator: NefariousNed

Major Update & Forum Future Details October 2017

Postby AlamoGill on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi to all members

Ned has come up with a way around the " Photobucket Mess " and sorting it out on the forum
which will enable us all to continue enjoying the 9 years of hard work that has gone into making
it a great success and he has our full 100% support and the three of us hope it will be supported
by all forum members and both Mo and I thank him for all his hard work over this

Regards to you all Gill & Mo
AlamoGill

Re: Major Update & Forum Future Details October 2017

Postby AlamoGill on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:38 pm

This is what we are up against when it comes to Photobucket
and below is the latest e mail reply Mo had from them

It is simple blackmail folks

Subject: Thank You & Reasons to Upgrade Your Account Today
Date: 18/10/2017 17:11:21 GMT Daylight Time
To: Mo@aol.com

Hi Maurice

Thanks for reaching out to us. We see from our records that you have messaged us via e mail
on numerous occasions and have followed those up with PM’s about not being able to access
your stored photographs and download them from your account. Thank you for all of the recent
questions and concerns about your free Photobucket account. We are trying our best to respond
quickly to your concerns and thank you for your patience.

As you have not yet taken the opportunity to migrate to one of our new plans you were offered
your account has been temporally suspended so in the meantime can you click on this link with
the latest update from us about the new way of using your Photobucket account in future

https://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-u ... icing-Info

Thanking you once again for your patience

Hannah

So hopefully with Ned's plan all will come right and Photobucket can Fox Trot Oscar as we say
over here

Regards again

Gill
AlamoGill

Postby AlamoGill on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:08 pm

Posted on behalf of Ned

Regards all Gill

MAJOR FORUM CHANGE ALERT

Have just been informed by Photobucket that if I do not pay up in 30 days to the tune of $399, my $169 per year account
will be suspended. Mo's Free account will be permanently suspended in March, 2018. So folks, we'll be losing my 40,000+
photos plus at least 5000 from Mo.

While we will try to replace some of the lost photos through the forum's FREE attachment option, it will never be quite the
same. Some threads will not be restored at all. For those of you who use Photobucket and are now without access to your
photos, could you please try and replace your lost photos by attaching them instead? While we will never be able to realistically
expect to replace all the lost photos, we will still have a forum with plenty of great research and information.

(Thank-you Rich Curilla for having attached ALL of your virtual San Antonio photos from the get-go. Certainly helps.) For those
of you who have FREE IMgur, or Flickr accounts, please continue to post your photos from those online photo storage sites.

Again, for the rest of us, the forum's FREE photo attachment option will have to be our mode from now on. ~Ned~
AlamoGill

Postby mrbassbone on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:57 am

That's one of the reason I NEVER used photobucket for anything. I simply save my images to my external hard drive and upload them after resizing them.
"Tenacity, Dick! Stay with the B*****DS until they are on the bottom!"

"Mush" Morton to his XO Richard H. O'Kane on the USS WAHOO while on patrol in the East China Sea 1943
mrbassbone

Postby NefariousNed on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:14 am

Thanks to all who have offered to send me their photos to re-post on the forum. That is not the problem. I already have many of
your photos in my files and on my Photobucket. The thing I need is for OTHERS to help me replace some of the missing photos on
the forum by attaching them themselves. I cannot do it alone. It is an overwhelming task for one lonely person.
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby MartyB on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:14 pm

mrbassbone wrote:That's one of the reason I NEVER used photobucket for anything. I simply save my images to my external hard drive and upload them after resizing them.

Same as Shell, however, if there are any images that need to be re-posted in any thread, give me a shout...I have thousands of stored images and I believe I can replace a lot of lost pictures if needed...
Marty Brazil
Our past is not a dead past, but still lives. Our forefathers created the present by their sacrifice of the past. What they dreamed, we live…and…what they lived we dream.
MartyB

Return to Forum Announcements.