Music Videos About Texas

Matters Of Interest Concerning Texas.

Moderator: NefariousNed

Music Videos About Texas

Postby High Iron on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:31 pm

I've written a fifth movement of a classical orchestral suite titled, The Hills. The title is generic, so as to be in line with the rest of the suite's movements, but it's really about the Texas Hill Country, my favorite place on earth. The music is set to about 50 photos, mostly of the Hill Country, which match the appropriate part of the music. NefariousNed generously gave me permission to use four of his photos from Wurstfest and the Battle of Flowers parade. (Many thanks to Ned :!: ) While I used more than a few public domain or permissible photos I found on the internet, most of the photos are ones I've taken over the years, generally from San Antonio west to about Dead Pine Hollow, including areas around Mico, Bandera Falls, Bandera, Tarpley, Utopia, Leakey, Reagan Wells, Fredericksburg, and elsewhere in The Hill Country, as well as Comanche, Indian Gap, and Priddy (the last three probably technically not in The Hill Country). The link is below. I plan on periodically posting links to other videos that have something to do with Texas.

https://youtu.be/0BOGuGfXlXk

For those of you curious about the technical aspects of the video: The music was written and performed in a software called "Finale" and edited in "Acoustica", while the video was produced in "PowerDirector" with photo editing done in Irfanview and Paint.

This topic can be used to post links to other music videos about Texas as well.
High Iron

Re: Music Videos About Texas

Postby NefariousNed on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:48 am

Fantastic, High Iron! I really enjoyed it. More, please.
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby Seguin on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:36 am

Great video and music! Thanks.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby High Iron on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:45 pm

The following two videos have my favorite music about Texas on them. That piece of music is titled "Hill Country Theme". When I was in Longhorn Band in college, we played a band arrangement of it—so often that it became a school song. It seems that the composer/lyricist of the piece is actually two people: Cindy Walker and Glenn Paxton. At least that's what I could ferret out on the internet. I think it is possible that Cindy Walker wrote it initially, and that Glenn Paxton arranged it for orchestra, but don't quote me on that. In any event, it is impossible not to think about Texas when hearing this song.

Cindy Walker is reported to have written it for Lyndon B. Johnson, who then adopted it as his theme music. The television show Texas Country Reporter used it as its theme music years ago, but I am under the impression that they no longer use it due to copyright matters. I haven't seen the show in ages.

The first video below has the best music quality. The second video has the best video, with scenes from around Texas, and some historical paintings of the Alamo and the historical characters associated with it, but poor sound quality. I recommend starting the second, and then stopping it two seconds after the music starts, and turning the sound off. Then start the first one with its sound on. Then two seconds after the music starts playing, click the second video to continue watching it while listening to the first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsKePSmx864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RygWjTfGMmo
High Iron

Postby cc nolen on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:40 am

Real nice...thanks for posting :D
Chris...
cc nolen

Return to All Things Texas