Books and Authors

Discussion On All Aspects Of Books & Literature

Moderator: NefariousNed

Re: Books

Postby AlamoAaron on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:00 pm

NefariousNed wrote:It's getting to be that time of year again to toot my own horn:
My 2004 novel concerning Travis' slave, Joe. (Cover art by Joseph Musso)

So, Ned, is this a novel? I mean, naturally you've had to fill in gaps of Joe's life, but is it more historical or...?
AlamoAaron

Re: Books and Authors

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:23 pm

Thanks, Aaron. I put 25 years of research into it. Yes, I enhanced the narrative by "filling in the gaps". Joe may not have done
all the things I have him do, but then they are things he could've done within the timeline of his travels.
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby AlamoAaron on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:08 am

NefariousNed wrote:Thanks, Aaron. I put 25 years of research into it. Yes, I enhanced the narrative by "filling in the gaps". Joe may not have done
all the things I have him do, but then they are things he could've done within the timeline of his travels.

Ah. Good. I'll make sure to grab myself a copy. :)
AlamoAaron

Postby Alamo_Stu on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:43 pm

Dead Wake by Eric Larson is a great read! One of the best novels involving the whole Lusitania story. :D
"El riesgo siempre vive!"
Alamo_Stu

Postby NefariousNed on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:47 pm

The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:21 am

Get all your Christmas shopping done in one place, and for cheap. Here's the deal. From now, through December 19, if
you purchase a copy of "One Domingo Morning, The Story Of Alamo Joe", you will also receive a copy of the CD "Outside
The Alamo" at no extra cost. (Postage and handling may vary, according to your home location.) Both the book and CD
will be personalized according to your specifications.
Attachments
domingocover1.jpg
domingocover1.jpg (110.68 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
CDcover.jpg
CDcover.jpg (129.59 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
NefariousNed

Postby gtj222 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:20 pm

Except for a small number of books (around 12) I have for sell on Ebay, my book, The Illustrated
Siege and Battle of the Alamo, is sold out. Thank all of you very much for your support. At this
point, I have no plans to reprint it.
Attachments
Ab front cover-1 .jpg
Ab front cover-1 .jpg (471.91 KiB) Viewed 2527 times
gtj222

Postby NefariousNed on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:29 pm

There are still copies of GT Johnson's book in the Alamo giftshop for those who may not have it.
(Saw them there this past Saturday.)
NefariousNed

Postby gtj222 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Thanks, Ned. That is the last of them at the Alamo. I had to turn down a new order from them yesterday for 40 copies. Kinda sad it is over, but it was a great ride while it lasted.
gtj222

Postby Seguin on Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:21 am

Too bad, it´s too expensive to reprint the book.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby gtj222 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:31 am

Thank you my good friend, Hans. Yes it costs 5,000.00 to print it and the profit is good but the up front cost is just too much. However, I am able to print myself a much larger version with omitted pages and the images are just as good. I may do a limited version of that.
gtj222

Postby NefariousNed on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:31 am

Again, for Christmas time only, this offer: Spend $10 for a copy of "One Domingo, The Story of Alamo Joe" and get my music CD "Outside The Alamo" for free. Or,
purchase the CD for $10 and get a free book. Hurry and order now! Get your Xmas shopping out of the way.
NefariousNed

Postby whiterabbitt83 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:20 pm

i figured out the best way to read gambers books
even if they are in french
buy it as a ebook
when u go to read it
on kindell there is a translater
so u can read it in english :lol: :lol: :lol:
whiterabbitt83

Postby Seguin on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:55 am

gtj222 wrote:Thank you my good friend, Hans. Yes it costs 5,000.00 to print it and the profit is good but the up front cost is just too much. However, I am able to print myself a much larger version with omitted pages and the images are just as good. I may do a limited version of that.

Right, why not print that alternative version. - $5000? You can get any amount of copies printed cheap at lulu.com (and other such companies). You could start with 50 or 100 copies, if you like. You get to decide the size of the book, the name of the publishing company (you), the paper quality, the sales price and what have you. You can even just upload the manuscript and then lulu.com will print a copy every time a customer orders a copy. That way you don´t have to invest any money at all. You just tell people they can buy a copy at lulu.com. Lulu.com will then send you your profit for each copy they sell for you. I know two different authors who have used that method and I´ve bought their books at lulu.com. Well made books too.
Have a look at it here:

https://www.lulu.com/
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby gtj222 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks, Hans. My main customer was the Alamo gift shop which would buy 30 to 40 copies every couple of months. I will take a look at lulu.
gtj222

Postby Seguin on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:06 am

gtj222 wrote:Thanks, Hans. My main customer was the Alamo gift shop which would buy 30 to 40 copies every couple of months. I will take a look at lulu.

Please do! You can either let lulu print 30-40 copies for you every couple of months, or let the Alamo gift shop buy them at lulu so that you don´t have to act as middleman. You´ll be deciding the sales price and lulu will send you the profits after deducting printing costs every time people order one or more copies. Go to lulu and click on "Create" so that you can see how it works.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby NefariousNed on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:58 am

Christmas is soon upon us!

Remember to get your book/CD package deal for $10 ASAP. Offer ends soon! (Message me.)
Attachments
CD-BookDeal.jpg
CD-BookDeal.jpg (157.29 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Only a few more days to take advantage of this great Book/CD deal. Get my novel "One Domingo Morning, The Story Of Alamo Joe"
along with my music CD, "Outside The Alamo" all for $10, including free postage and handling to fill up your last-minute Christmas
gifting needs. Heck, I'm, practically paying YOU to take them off my hands! Do it! You won't be disappointed. (And neither will your
gift recipient.) P.S. All items will be signed to your specifications.
Attachments
CD-BookDeal.jpg
CD-BookDeal.jpg (157.29 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
NefariousNed

Postby RLC-GTT on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:16 am

Gollee! Those books are nearly as big as Farkis' books! :lol: You missed a good ad opportunity (suggested by your picture) saying that the book and disk can be used for weight lifting. ;)
RLC-GTT

Postby NefariousNed on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:41 pm

AlamoAaron wrote:
NefariousNed wrote:Thanks, Aaron. I put 25 years of research into it. Yes, I enhanced the narrative by "filling in the gaps". Joe may not have done

Aaron, if you are still interested in getting a copy of the book, now is the time. The book, plus my music CD for just $10, including shipping and handling.

My mailing address is:

10 Sun Flower Circle
New Braunfels, TX 78130
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:36 am

Sold a few more books and CDs over the Christmas Holidays. Thanks to all who bought them.

And for those of you who got my CD single for Christmas, it was a limited pressing of only 50 CDs! Just so you know the rarity of it. Hah!
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:40 am

Black history month is here! Do your bit and buy a book. Just PM me here, or else go to Amazon, or eBay:
NefariousNed

Postby AlamoAaron on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:02 am

whiterabbitt83 wrote: i am just working on windows word
for the cover of my Alamo book
trying to make it perfect before uploading it to
smashmouth and amazon and nook for my Ebook

Alamo book? I start panting like a thirsty puppy. What's it cover? Fiction or non? :D
AlamoAaron

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:21 am

Pshaw, Aaron! You still have not "grabbed a copy" of my book, yet!
AlamoAaron wrote:

NefariousNed

Postby AlamoAaron on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:32 am

NefariousNed wrote:Pshaw, Aaron! You still have not "grabbed a copy" of my book, yet!
AlamoAaron wrote:

Actually, I did. It was a good read. Ya took a good many historical liberties with the story, but, heck, given the scant historical evidence we have, ya have to take some liberties. Very good, overall. But the cover art...the Wayneamo... :roll: ;) :D
AlamoAaron

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:26 am

Thanks, Aaron. Well,the historical evidence we have on Joe would probably make a nice 30 page pamphlet. Hence the
need to enhance the telling of the tale by hammering out all the chronological possibilities of Joe's movements. Given
the time frame, Joe could've been in all the places I put him. Not that he was, but could have been.

As for the book's cover art, I specifically asked Joe Musso to make it look like an old-timey movie poster. I believe he
succeeded.
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:58 pm

Book signing at the Alamo Gift Shop this Saturday. Come on down. I can use your support.
NefariousNed

Postby RLC-GTT on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:19 pm

NefariousNed wrote:I can use your support.

Come on! You're not THAT old. Just sit in a chair! :lol:
Good business, Ned. ;)
RLC-GTT

Postby SantaClaus on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:05 am

RLC-GTT wrote:
NefariousNed wrote:I can use your support.

Come on! You're not THAT old. Just sit in a chair! :lol:
Good business, Ned. ;)

I think Ned means something a little more athletic. :lol:
SantaClaus

Previous

Return to Books & Literature