Welcome.

Welcome To The Forum & A Few Short Rules

Moderator: NefariousNed

Re: Welcome.

Postby NefariousNed on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Welcome, Bradley! But don't use SantaClaus as an example of "behaving".
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby mrbassbone on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:56 am

NefariousNed wrote:Welcome, Bradley! But don't use SantaClaus as an example of "behaving".

At least wait until you see his "rantings & ravings" on the Perch in person...LOLOLOL
"Tenacity, Dick! Stay with the B*****DS until they are on the bottom!"

"Mush" Morton to his XO Richard H. O'Kane on the USS WAHOO while on patrol in the East China Sea 1943
mrbassbone

Postby SantaClaus on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:36 am

mrbassbone wrote:
NefariousNed wrote:Welcome, Bradley! But don't use SantaClaus as an example of "behaving".

At least wait until you see his "rantings & ravings" on the Perch in person...LOLOLOL

Ranting and Raving, and Misbehaving. Yep, that's me alright. :lol:
SantaClaus

Postby BigJake1979 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Whoa! I'm way behind. Welcome to all newbies!
BigJake1979

Postby Fargo Fenwyck on Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:15 pm

Welcome.....why behave? Nobody else does :roll:
Fargo Fenwyck

Postby AlamoGill on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:09 pm

It is a pleasure to welcome Sal Collichio the latest and newest member to join our forum
with the username “ stravis “

Sal kindly shared this with me in his e mail:

“ I've been an Alamo enthusiast since I was around 7 and enjoy speculating on what might
have happened on March 6, 1836 “.

So thank you for joining up with us Sal also thank you for crossing the line to join us and I can
assure you will find there are truly a great group of people on here and will give you a great
welcome and we all look forward to reading your comments in your posts and your points of
view on any of the topics you choose to add to on the forum.

So best wishes to you again

Gill on behalf of Mo
AlamoGill

Postby stravis on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Thanks Gill and speedy recovery Mo!!
stravis

Postby NefariousNed on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Welcome Sal! ("stravis") There will be plenty of work to do for you and your brave men.
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby SantaClaus on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:21 pm

Welcome, Sal!
It's kind of strange, but this is one of those rare occasions when people say "Your Welcome" before you can respond with "Thanks". :roll:
Then again, this is a rare and strange kind of forum, with plenty of rare and strange people already on board. :? Glad you signed on. :D
Remember the Alamo!
SantaClaus

Postby ConnieFromHaiti on Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:26 am

Welcome, Sal. And way to start your time here with a new thread!
ConnieFromHaiti

Postby Seguin on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:36 am

Welcome aboard, Sal!
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby cc nolen on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Welcome Sal. Now post away amigo! and all questions are welcomed as well.
Chris...
cc nolen

Postby AlamoGill on Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:56 pm

It is a pleasure to welcome Gary Fiss the latest and newest member to join our forum
with the username “ gar “

Thank you for joining up with us Gary and also thank you for crossing the line to join
us and I can assure you will find there are truly a great group of people on here and
they will give you a great Alamo Forum welcome and we all look forward to reading
your comments in your posts and your points of view on any of the topics you choose
to add to on the forum.

Gill on behalf of Mo
AlamoGill

Postby SantaClaus on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Welcome, Gary. Can hardly wait to hear what you're thinkin',...or just rememberin'. :D
SantaClaus

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Welcome, Gar!
Attachments
Alligator Gar Fish New Photo  2013 05.jpg
Alligator Gar Fish New Photo 2013 05.jpg (62.61 KiB) Viewed 381 times
NefariousNed

Postby Seguin on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:02 pm

Welcome aboard, Gar!
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby cc nolen on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Welcome to the Forum, all you new guys. Just dive right in and post away.
Chris...
cc nolen

Postby AlamoGill on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:09 am

It is a pleasure to welcome Charles Waters the latest and newest member to join our forum with the username “ charleswaters6 “

Charles kindly shared this with us in his e mail:

“ As I touched on in previous email, it was the Wayne film's original TV broadcast, over two nights in 1971 that hooked me
on the Alamo straight away. I am originally from Lubbock, Texas, hometown of rock legend Buddy Holly, of whom I am also
a huge fan.

My main interests as to the Alamo are mostly books, films, toy soldiers and artwork related to the battle of history and cinema,
with John Wayne's masterpiece being the pervasive ground floor of that interest. Not long after Duke's film got my attention and
I began researching the real Alamo, I discovered the first roster of the defenders in Adair and Crockett's Heroes of The Alamo (1956).
Imagine the thrill to the 10 or 12 year old I was then to find an Alamo defender by the name of Thomas Waters. Unfortunately, I've
never been able to directly link my family with the 24 year old soldier from England who died at the Alamo, but I do know that, way
back, my Dad's side of the family did come from the U.K. and settled in Ohio. At any rate that's been good enough for myself in
explaining the sheer intensity of my Alamo obsession which nearly drove my family nuts over the years “

So thank you Charles for joining up with us also thank you for crossing the line to join us and I can assure you will find there are
truly a great group of people on here and will give you a great welcome and we all look forward to reading your comments in
your posts and your points of view on any of the topics you choose to add to on the forum.

Gill on behalf of Mo
AlamoGill

Postby charleswaters6 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Thanks very much to Alamo buddy Ned Huthmacher for being my connection to what I understand is an outstanding forum dedicated to discussion of John Wayne's epic, THE ALAMO. I was excited to hear form Mo and Gill about joining up and I'm proud to be a part of a forum on this subject. Many heartfelt thanks to them for their concern about getting myself onboard at the same time they were dealing with a serious family health crisis concerning their daughter :o I am humbled by Mo and Gill's attention and quick response in light of something so much more important (family) As for my own near life-long obsession with Duke's 1960 masterpiece, I wouldn't know where to begin, yet here I go all the same :D I just marvel, to this day, at the fact that Wayne would NOT give up on his passionate vision and dream of making that film, no matter what kind of adversity he repeatedly faced throughout that, at times, harrowing fall-winter of 1959. The other thing that I feel most affectionate and proud of (though without ancestry documentation) is the presence of a Thomas Waters in the real garrison, and how THE ALAMO led me into a decades long pursuit of the Alamo of history. Out of all my various interests, it is the Alamo of cinema and history that have had top billing almost continuously since, as I previously related to Mo and Gill, those fateful two nights of television in September 1971 when Duke's film aired for the first time. As a wide-eyed little buckaroo of eight in Lubbock, Texas, I was enchanted and enveloped nearly speechless as the story unfolded, my Dad adding to the mystification with telling me he saw it on the big screen before I was born, and added his father had taken him to the real Alamo as a young boy. He also pointed out that it was based on a true story in our home state, and I recall my mind being completely blown by the time THE ALAMO concluded the following night as the film and my father's comments hit home. Since the 1990s I've collected many books not only on the 1960 film but all the other efforts on the story dating back to the silent era, with the Farkis books being my favorites. I was able to visit the real shrine in San Antonio shortly after seeing Duke's film; many years later, another visit included a much anticipated sojourn to Brackettville. The latter would have been about 2002 when access was still possible without appointment etc. That 2002 trip was by far the most meaningful, as the rural setting is so evocative of the real Alamo. I appreciate deeply all the hard work, research and passion that historians and enthusiasts such as Farkis, Ned Huthmacher, Frank Thompson, Clark and Andersen, Pfieffer and Worrall, among others, have put forth to preserve that incredible moment in American, Texas and cinematic history. Thank you, again, for allowing me to 'cross the line!' :D
charleswaters6

Postby cc nolen on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Welcome to our happy farm! :D
chris...
cc nolen

Postby Seguin on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:07 am

Welcome aboard, charleswaters6!
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Previous