Alamo Village Now.

Alamo Village Then & Now.

Moderator: NefariousNed

Re: Alamo Village Now.

Postby MUSTANG on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:14 am

Here's a little something I found posted on the Facebook Alamo Village liquidation page:

J Shahan Mcintosh Hello- I am a limited partner of the partnership which owns the assets of Alamo Village. As a limited partner, I have not been notified, given access to, been part of a vote or a meeting concerning these assets and I have a legal right, as a partial owner, to know and approve the sale- when and if it happens. I also have a legal right to assets before the sale. Please contact me immediately. Other partnership members are concerned about this “sale” of assets. Candice Shahan DeAnn Shahan Linda D. Shahan
MUSTANG

Postby NefariousNed on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Thanks, John. Perhaps this action will at least forestall the sale, if nothing else.
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby Fargo Fenwyck on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:46 pm

Will this open a can of worms??? I never understood why the village wasn't allowed to be sold years ago. My thought was if it's costing you money to keep it and there's no profit why not sell it. That being said as MY thoughts and I am not privy to all the stuff behind the scenes. People have to do what they need to do and it don't involve me.
I have had nice visits but I cringe when I see posted pictures of recent times. I am glad I got to enjoy when I did. All things do come to an end. We all have fond memories and pictures and videos and friends we made. Can't put a price on that.
Fargo Fenwyck

Postby NefariousNed on Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:32 am

Something else from the Alamo Village Facebook page:

Alamo Village
January 2 at 12:26pm ·

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
With regard to tourism and children.
Attendees: The Alamo Village Sale is a liquidation sale. This is not a good time to tour the property or bring small children.
Facilities are limited and places to sit are few. Many of the buildings will be closed and locked to protect the public.
I have 10 grandchildren and I wouldn't consider bringing them to this event. IT'S ALL BUSINESS FOLKS. Please make other
arrangements for your children. The present condition of Alamo Village is not conducive to touring opportunities. This is a
sale and all buyers are invited. We would ask that you not come to solely tour the property as you will be impeding our efforts
to help our buyers.
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby SantaClaus on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:36 pm

NefariousNed wrote:Something else from the Alamo Village Facebook page:

Alamo Village
January 2 at 12:26pm ·

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
With regard to tourism and children.
Attendees: The Alamo Village Sale is a liquidation sale. This is not a good time to tour the property or bring small children.
Facilities are limited and places to sit are few. Many of the buildings will be closed and locked to protect the public.
I have 10 grandchildren and I wouldn't consider bringing them to this event. IT'S ALL BUSINESS FOLKS. Please make other
arrangements for your children. The present condition of Alamo Village is not conducive to touring opportunities. This is a
sale and all buyers are invited. We would ask that you not come to solely tour the property as you will be impeding our efforts
to help our buyers.

That excludes most of us, because most of us never grew up. :lol:
Every time I visited Alamo Village, I instantly became 9 years old again.
SantaClaus

Postby NefariousNed on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:47 pm

60 years after the set was built for John Wayne's THE ALAMO.
Attachments
AlamoVillageExpressNewsJan7-2018.jpg
AlamoVillageExpressNewsJan7-2018.jpg (93.01 KiB) Viewed 598 times
NefariousNed

Postby Seguin on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:25 pm

It´ll be interesting to see how the auction pans out.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby Fargo Fenwyck on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Are any of you going?
Fargo Fenwyck

Postby SantaClaus on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Fargo Fenwyck wrote:Are any of you going?

I would only go if I was going to buy something. If I bought something, Loretta would kill me. So, no, I'm not going. :(
SantaClaus

Postby NefariousNed on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:42 pm

I just booked a room at the Fort Clark Motel for Friday the 26, Saturday the 27th. (Checkout, Noon on the 28th.)

As the sale at the Village will begin at 9:00AM on the 27th, I want to be at the Village promptly at that time.
Hopefully, some items that may mean something to me personally will be listed for cheap. Realistically, while
it will be sad to see the contents of the John Wayne Museum go, just amongst the members of this forum, we
could probably replace most of the stills and movie posters, as well as genuine props from the film, if needs be
down the road when David Jone finally buys the place. What I will personally miss are the stagecoach and Cantina
bar. Although not from the film, the Cantina bar is a genuine Old West bar and has its own history. (As for the kitschy
contents of the Tradin' Post, small loss. )

I guess the question on everyone's mind right now is, will the contents of the historic Johnny Rodriguez Museum be
included in the sale? It would be a true heartbreak to most, I know, to see them go, as that museum alone is reason
enough for the long drive to Alamo Village.
NefariousNed

Postby TexianAtHeartII on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:54 am

SantaClaus wrote:
Fargo Fenwyck wrote:Are any of you going?

I would only go if I was going to buy something. If I bought something, Loretta would kill me. So, no, I'm not going. :(

Maybe they have a frontier style coffin, the famous "pine box". therefore, if you bought it and took it home, Loretta could just bury you in it. 8-)
TexianAtHeartII

Postby TexianAtHeartII on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:56 am

NefariousNed wrote:I just booked a room at the Fort Clark Motel for Friday the 26, Saturday the 27th. (Checkout, Noon on the 28th.)

As the sale at the Village will begin at 9:00AM on the 27th, I want to be at the Village promptly at that time.
Hopefully, some items that may mean something to me personally will be listed for cheap. Realistically, while
it will be sad to see the contents of the John Wayne Museum go, just amongst the members of this forum, we
could probably replace most of the stills and movie posters, as well as genuine props from the film, if needs be
down the road when David Jone finally buys the place. What I will personally miss are the stagecoach and Cantina
bar. Although not from the film, the Cantina bar is a genuine Old West bar and has its own history. (As for the kitschy
contents of the Tradin' Post, small loss. )

I guess the question on everyone's mind right now is, will the contents of the historic Johnny Rodriguez Museum be
included in the sale? It would be a true heartbreak to most, I know, to see them go, as that museum alone is reason

Ned, you said WHEN David Jones finally buys the place. Is that still on his agenda?
TexianAtHeartII

Postby cc nolen on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:56 pm

I thought that deal sank like Davy Jones' Locker ?? :roll:
cc nolen

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:23 pm

TexianAtHeartII wrote:...Ned, you said WHEN David Jones finally buys the place. Is that still on his agenda?

cc nolen wrote:I thought that deal sank like Davy Jones' Locker ?? :roll:

Chris, TexianAtHeartII, never say die. Jones is supposed to be attending the sale; perhaps he will even purchase some vital items.
NefariousNed

Postby Fargo Fenwyck on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:33 pm

like....lock, stock and barrel? Would be nice but does he have a place to store anything?
Fargo Fenwyck

Postby cc nolen on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:38 pm

Fargo Fenwyck wrote:like....lock, stock and barrel? Would be nice but does he have a place to store anything?

Maybe he'll buy the place and wont have to move anything... :shock: Better hurry or Ole Mother Nature is going to swallow it all up. :shock:
cc nolen

Postby RLC-GTT on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:27 am

NefariousNed wrote: I guess the question on everyone's mind right now is, will the contents of the historic Johnny Rodriguez Museum be

Surely you jest.
RLC-GTT

Postby RLC-GTT on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:32 am

Seguin wrote:It´ll be interesting to see how the auction pans out.

Again, this is NOT an auction. It is a SALE, with set prices on everything. It is also not an opportunity to visit Alamo Village. People are being screened at the gate by the company conducting the sale, and only interested buyers will be admitted.
RLC-GTT

Postby Fargo Fenwyck on Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Is David going to be there?
Fargo Fenwyck

Previous

Return to Alamo Village Brackettville.