Alamo Village II: What Would You Like To See?

Alamo Village Then & Now.

Moderator: NefariousNed

Re: Alamo Village II: What Would You Like To See?

Postby NefariousNed on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:58 am

View from over the church replicating Clothier's camera angle during the "Raid for Cattle" sequence. This would be a less troublesome
part of the redo -- just fixing up, clearing giant bushes and painting with the Ybarra "look," as per the model. ~RLC~
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:00 am

The last of Alfred Ybarra's original art work. This is in one corner of the "Republic" room in the rear of the Cantina. Throughout our open
years, it was totally hidden behind brooms, buckets and piles of boxes. : ( But, in a sense, this may be what kept it from being obliterated.
And, fortunately, no later movie ever needed to shoot toward this corner -- which just to John Wayne's left in Clothier's frame during his
"Republic" speech.
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:02 am

Is there a plan? You bet. Is there capitalization for the plan? Not yet. Bake sales and car washes won't do it. Major investors would. ~RLC~

Go back a page for more of Richard Curilla's photos and captions.
NefariousNed

Postby Seguin on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:09 am

That´s a great plan and model of the Waynamo and of Alamo Village! I can see lots of work went into it.
I wonder if some rich foundation would be interested in preserving the place. After all, Alamo Village is part of movie history so it deserves to be preserved.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby alamobill on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:28 am

Great work, Rich. Very impressive. We can only hope.
alamobill

Postby RLC-GTT on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:36 pm

TexianAtHeartII wrote:
NefariousNed wrote:Image
If we chose to go competely with Ybarra's design except for the back of the chapel (sorry, Wayne's is still the Alamo CHAPEL, correct or not.LOL).
The oversized artillery is from awesome 10 mm. Texian and Mexican sets sold at Dibble's Hobby Shop in San Antonio and was close enough to my
predetermined 1/120 scale for illustration purposes. ~RLC~

Wow, Ned, that looks so good.

Thanks.
RLC-GTT

Postby RLC-GTT on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Thanks for posting all these, Ned.

Go back a page to start at the beginning -- unless you want to start at the end. ;)
RLC-GTT

Postby TexianAtHeartII on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:44 am

RLC-GTT wrote:
TexianAtHeartII wrote:
NefariousNed wrote:Image
If we chose to go competely with Ybarra's design except for the back of the chapel (sorry, Wayne's is still the Alamo CHAPEL, correct or not.LOL).
The oversized artillery is from awesome 10 mm. Texian and Mexican sets sold at Dibble's Hobby Shop in San Antonio and was close enough to my
predetermined 1/120 scale for illustration purposes. ~RLC~

Wow, Ned, that looks so good.

Thanks.

Oh! Rich, you built that. I thought it was Ned, since he posted the pics. Ok, Ned, never mind. Looks great, Rich.
TexianAtHeartII

Postby RLC-GTT on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:17 am

Every blessed millimeter of the Waynamo, the village, and the real Alamo (not shown). Hahaha! I have the patience for THAT, but I don't for a photo program designed by idiots.
RLC-GTT

Postby cc nolen on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:15 pm

He has a plan alright...and its a lot more involved than what is shown here......I just keep my fingers crossed.
*** And what I'd like to see is Rich riding a big white horse leading tourist from the Waynamo to the Village....and crossing the river we talked about!
Good Dreams sometimes come true. ;)
Chris...
cc nolen

Postby NefariousNed on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:39 am

From the "Dreams And Nightmares" thread:

I remember a couple of years ago there was going to be a total immersion event at Alamo Village and people had volunteered to
come in and help clean up the set. Someone was even going to bring in an earth mover and backhoe to clear away the scrub growth.
Sadly, the event did not come to pass. But the idea of volunteers going in to help clean out the Alamo still sounds like a good one.
I would be willing to volunteer at least a couple of days and I am sure some members here have pick-up trucks with which to haul
away debris. We could at least put a dent in the place and make it look as though someone actually cares about it. I realize that
people would have to sigh waivers just in case they got hurt, but I'm sure you could still get volunteers.

Takes thinking on...
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:11 pm

SantaClaus wrote:RE: ... the daydream about cleaning up the Alamo... I'm a tenderfoot city boy who wilts fast in the Texas heat, however, if it was permitted,
and if we could get enough able bodied men to volunteer, I think I could join the ranks and pitch in. If I were to drop dead while working
on an Alamo cleanup project, could I be buried in the Alamo Village cemetery?

Richard McClory
NefariousNed

Previous

Return to Alamo Village Brackettville.