Re: Other Films Shot At Alamo Village

Postby ConnieFromHaiti on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:22 am

I can.
ConnieFromHaiti

Postby NefariousNed on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:26 am

ConnieFromHaiti wrote:I can.

I can't.
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby RLC-GTT on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:35 am

RLC-GTT wrote:Here is a link (I hope) to the producer's post of several scenes shot at Alamo Village on April 1 for the independent Western Cruzado, directed by Jason Ramirez and produced by Grayson Berry. They filmed for one day only.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 9698761007

Ha! What Connie and Ned are canning and can'ting about is the above link that I posted on the previous page and whether you can open it or not. It is apparently on a facebook page. Maybe you have to be a friend of Grayson Berry (page owner) in order to access it. I am a Friend and Connie through me. Anybody else not able to see it?
RLC-GTT

Postby Don on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:58 am

I can't either
Don

Postby RLC-GTT on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:05 am

Don wrote:I can't either

Thanks. I'll see if I can get one that will work tomorrow.
RLC-GTT

Postby SantaClaus on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:46 pm

RLC-GTT wrote:Please tell me if ANYBODY can view the video I just posted in the previous post.

Nope. :( I only see:
Sorry, this page isn't available

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.
SantaClaus

Postby RLC-GTT on Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:31 am

Cruzado executive producer Grayson Berry just sent me this link, which should get you to the video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wf2uzfm36azqg ... mov?oref=e
RLC-GTT

Postby mrbassbone on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:46 am

RLC-GTT wrote:Cruzado executive producer Grayson Berry just sent me this link, which should get you to the video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wf2uzfm36azqg ... mov?oref=e

It worked....
"Tenacity, Dick! Stay with the B*****DS until they are on the bottom!"

"Mush" Morton to his XO Richard H. O'Kane on the USS WAHOO while on patrol in the East China Sea 1943
mrbassbone

Postby NefariousNed on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Yep! Thanks!
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby RLC-GTT on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:47 pm

This was a fun, hard-working and creative group of young filmmakers starting with nothing and making the best of it. A long but good day of shooting.
RLC-GTT

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:02 am

RLC-GTT wrote:This was a fun, hard-working and creative group of young filmmakers starting with nothing and making the best of it. A long but good day of shooting.

Scuttlebutt has it that they may be filming in my neck of the woods soon. Hmmm...
NefariousNed

Postby RLC-GTT on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:58 am

I think they had one or two more weekends to shoot -- they all have day jobs. However, I don't know where.
RLC-GTT

Postby cc nolen on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:29 pm

Cool Picture... ;)
Attachments
village.JPG
village.JPG (58.15 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
cc nolen

Postby NefariousNed on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:44 pm

Jimmy Stewart in "Two Rode Together". (A tribute to Henry Fonda in , "My Darling Clementine", perhaps?)
Attachments
JimmyStewartTwoRodeTogether..jpg
JimmyStewartTwoRodeTogether..jpg (78.93 KiB) Viewed 798 times
NefariousNed

Postby RLC-GTT on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:11 pm

Yep. On the porch of the "Tascosa Hotel," the building Ford's company added, across the street from the Cantina. The shot Chris posted just before this (that I missed somehow) is at Fort Clark, where they filmed all the Fort Grant scenes -- except for the settlers' camp, which was outside the Alamo gate at Alamo Village, and, of course the town of Tascosa, which was Front St. at the village. This scene of Jimmy napping on the hotel porch was the one he commented on in Peter Bogdanovich's documentary "Directed by John Ford." He said Ford told him to "do something," not to just sit there. So Jimmy did what he considered to be something that didn't take a lot of acting talent: he yawned -- a long loud yawn. Ford said, "Right! Print it!"
RLC-GTT

Postby Penny on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:26 am

Bromhead wrote:I just watched "Jericho" on Encore westerns and saw Rich as the towns bartender and i loved his lines.. "you don't need a key, the locks don't work"
The film was very well done too.
Did anybody else see it??

Mikey

I'm glad you liked it, thank you! I was the production coordinator on that one. My ex-husband was the production designer. My 17-year-old son, played 17-year-old Will, and my daughter was one of the hookers, and she drove the wagon when Jericho and Joshawa helped the ladies get unstuck from the muddy creek. I also made a lot of the props for that movie. It was a lot of fun and hard work, so your compliments mean a lot!
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend...
Penny

Postby Penny on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:28 am

NefariousNed wrote:
Rick wrote:...Also rented Jericho. Thought the actor who played the barkeep was Oscar material. Also thought one of the gals looked familiar, then realized it was Lashawn without her eyeglasses.

Lashawn was casting for that movie. I asked her if she had to sleep with herself to get that part, she laughed and said "I'll never tell" hehe
Penny

Postby Penny on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:38 am

MUSTANG wrote:There you go. I knew it would get a rise out of Rich. But I had to get even for the "sign" vs. "sing" comments. LOL :) And if it wasn't for Happy, there sure as hell wouldn't be an Alamo Village. God rest his soul.

The other day I asked my daughter who lives in Brackett to go get me a few things that I wanted from the Village. She was messaging me the whole time she was there, and I ask that she take a selfie in front of The Alamo for her me before she left, and she stopped and did just that.
Then a few moments later she said in a message. "Mom I'm sitting here in my car with tears falling down my cheeks because I know this will be my last time being at the village, and even though I never loved it as much as you did, I worked out here too, and you raised me out here, and the thought of never being here ever again hurts my heart."

Well, when I got her message I started crying too... She always said. If it wasn't for John Wayne, Happy Shahan, and Alamo Village I wouldn't exist... And she was right. Happy brought me to the Village from Illinois when I was 18 to entertain the tourist. I knew the first week I was there that I was HOME.
Penny

Postby Penny on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:42 am

NefariousNed wrote:Image
Staged gunfight in the street of Alamo Village taken by Luke Samme inbetween the filming of THE CODE OF
JOSEY WALES (1979). Is that Rich in the white and red shirt? Is that one of the gabions from THE ALAMO
palisade being used as a wastebasket by the Cantina?

That was Valentino standing, with Jerry Bogan in the red vest
Craig Campbell and George Roffey dead on the street... And the movie is Return of Josey Wales.
Penny

Postby Penny on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:56 am

Fargo Fenwyck wrote:I finally saw "Jerico". Not a bad western and it was nice to see Rich in a nice segment. Also lovely Jana. Tried to pick out Mrs. Shahan but wasn't sure. Great town shots of the village from many different angles.
How many folks were locals used in the shooting? Some great characters and costumes.

Virgina, you can see in the background scene when Jericho shoots the coin out of the young punk's hand.
My son played 17-year-old Will, (Jericho's son) it was his 9th movie.
All of the others (besides extras) were real actors. Oh, and some of the crew opted to have small parts just for kicks. (but they didn't get paid)
Wardrobe was Stephen Chudej an Emmy award winner for the kid's TV show "Wishbringer"
Penny

Postby Penny on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:19 am

RLC-GTT wrote:But I hasten to add that only one shot in the whole movie moves me to tears. The big "money shot" of the full Titanic starting out for the first time, dragging James Horner and the full orchestra in the wake. Love it.

For comparison, another movie favorite of mine, Mutiny on the Bounty (with Brando), has scenes all the way through the film that move me like that. Titanic just one.

I'm going to have to differ with Rich on this one because I watched Titanic with him in my home along with my family, (his second viewing my first) and he teared up several times, and not only that he HUSHED ME several times, IN MY OWN HOME, but I was used to that because it wasn't my first movie watching experience with Rich... (grin)...
Penny

Postby Penny on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:33 am

RLC-GTT wrote:Leon is A-number one. His performance in Jericho was excellent. He is a wonderful fellow and was like Davy Crockett in that he kept everybody's
spirits up during the long, grueling 12-hour workdays. He wrapped about a week before the film, and morale really slumped for a few days since
Leon wasn't there to keep spirits light. Too bad he can't be on every shoot. ;)

I LOVED Leon. He was a great character too. One day he had cut his hand on a rusty nail and I made him go to the ER to get it stitched up and maybe get a shot since the nail was rusty. He fussed, but I told him we had insurance on him so GO... The script supervisor took him over to DelRio and this was just after he had filmed the scene where he got shot during his wife's rape. He was in wardrobe and had what looked like a gunshot wound to his chest so Leon being Leon when he went into the ER, he clutched his chest and was acting like he could barely walk. He, of course, went to the head of the line, they put him on a gurney and was about to rip his clothes off to see the wound better when he sat up and said. "Doc, I cut my hand on a rusty nail and the movie people said I had to come over here and get this stitched up and maybe get a shot".

Leon said they looked at him kind of dazed for a moment, then realized he had come from the movie set, they all laughed and had their pictures made with him.
By the way, he told me his daddy had a sense of humor and that his REAL name is Luke Warm Coffee. He later changed it to Leon... (smile)
Penny

Postby Penny on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:35 am

cc nolen wrote:Well Rich, you was showing off again last night on Encore Westerns. They showed Jerico. Not the greatest acting until your scene. You sure make a good Bartender.
I'll try and get you on at Ernie's - but no snowballs!

I hated they hung the Preacher....of course they paid dearly! ;) " 2nd floor on the left...wont need a key, its open"... :D Good job Amigo!
Chris...

"NOT THE GREATEST ACTING???"

GET A ROPE!
Penny

Postby Penny on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:42 am

NefariousNed wrote:
RLC-GTT wrote:Ned, that's "Rich as the hotel clerk" in Streets of Laredo. :lol:

Ah! So you are a man of many movie hats.

Gambler 5, Banker 3, Barkeep 1.

But he would look better as a clown... (snicker snicker)
Penny

Postby Penny on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:53 am

RLC-GTT wrote:Mr. Banker after being shot down in the street. Travis Tritt's stunt double in the wagon.

I was so nervous this day. Rich did a great job of dying on that street, but he didn't see what I could see from my view standing right off camera. That wagon with Travis Tritt's stuntman was going full blast past Rich's head only missing it by no more than 6 inches if that. I was holding my breath the whole time. Then when he saw his co-star get up from the dirt and the stunt guys replacing him with a dummy dressed in his clothes. I think Rich started to reconsider that part... I remember running out and hugging Rich when they were finished shooting that scene. But honestly, none of us knew how close that wagon was going to be going past him. Whew~
Penny

Postby Penny on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:58 pm

I was hunting for some good photos from Rio Diablo and I find these. Great Find. I had never seen these.
The boy with the dog AKA (dog boy) is my son Kylie Ingram

https://sonarent.com/titles/rio-diablo
Penny

Previous

Return to Alamo Village Brackettville.